Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Materials.

The world of textiles is an imperfect one, filled with imperfect choices - so I thought I'd tell you about some of the fabrics I'm using and why.
This is "destash" - which seems to be both a verb and a noun. In this case, bits of fabric that friends no longer need or want - things that would have been thrown away otherwise.
The upside: Abundant and free. It's got a bit of randomness to it, which I like. Plus, there's the fun of trying to figure what the heck she was making when she cut that wacky shape. Is that a collar? For a doll? No idea. It's very "mend and make do," which is somewhat satisfying.
The downside: Read all about conventionally produced cotton here. And, I suppose, random cast-offs, weirdly cut could be seen as a negative. There you have it - imperfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.