Friday, November 11, 2011

I cannot keep a thought in my head for one second.

Warning: No paragraph in this post has anything to do with the paragraph that precedes or follows it. Expect a fair bit of random meandering and a hidden rant. Proceed with caution.I blame:
The full moon.
Daylight savings.
Parent/Teacher conferences.
Anyway, I'm losing my mind, and it's manifesting in a lot of little ways, like forgetting to call people and buying groceries that I don't need and irrevocably losing my train of thought in the middle of an email conversation. And in larger ways.
Yesterday, I was standing on the porch when the UPS man (let's call him Chris, because that's his name) delivered a huge box. Huge. It's 3 feet by 4 feet by 6 inches. I was mystified. What the hell is this? What on earth has my handsome husband purchased from Amazon that would require a box of this magnitude? Bicycle? Flat screen TV? Should I hide it from the kids? And Chris laughed at me and said, Don't try to blame him, your name is on the box.
People. It's a pogo stick. That I ordered. Who buys a pogo stick from Amazon and forgets about it?
Then I picked up my kids from school and one was mad and wants to change schools because of "the tanbark incident." I didn't make that up, he really talks like that. Then, the other one came out crying because he "lost his habitat." He shouldn't worry because we're changing habitats anyway, presumably to one sans tanbark.
I do have this to say - Some people will set up a booth next to mine and call it Lexi's Krafty Kreations. And that makes me mad because I think craft is important and I take it seriously and I don't spell it with a K. Furthermore, don't use the word crafty unless you're the Beastie Boys and then not after 1986. Don't even get me started on creativity, except to say that it's universal and no one should pretend that they have any more of it than you do. (And that includes me, even in relation to Lexi.) Having an idea is one thing. Having a good idea is another. Knowing what to do with a good idea is beyond brilliant and amazing.
What? That might have been the end of the email conversation I lost yesterday, but I can't be 100% sure.
I know what you're thinking, my loves - best blog post EVER!
Beautiful photo by Susan Sabo.

2 comments:

  1. "Having an idea is one thing. Having a good idea is another. Knowing what to do with a good idea is beyond brilliant and amazing."

    I love that. and i love that you ordered a pogo stick and forgot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the rant is related to a pogo stick and that the rant is boinging about like one too. Aside from that - I love the box... can I have it? Thinking of some crafty uses.

    ReplyDelete

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.