Sunday, July 19, 2009

6. Go camping.




I am not a camper. I could go on and on into a four-page rant (available on request) but I won't do that here out of pure gratitude to the beautiful and amazing friends (and handsome husband) who fed me and handed me adult beverages and tolerated my discomfort on this trip.
The kids had a fantastically good time - they roasted marshmallows, climbed on rocks, and got dirtier than I ever thought possible. And we only went to the Emergency Room once! (Seamus fell off his scooter and got one stitch in his forehead, and a purple band-aid. He was brave.)
Was I pleasantly surprised? There was a moment when I was sitting at a picnic table, in my pajamas, in the middle of the night (having fled the tent in a fit of overly-warm, claustrophobic pique) when I looked up to see the sky full of stars and thought: well, that's pleasant. Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.