Sunday, July 11, 2010

OmygodFinally!

I believe that man will not merely endure. He will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.
- William Faulkner
Finally, after all this time, I get sports. Finally I understand the passion - seeing the most ebullient triumph and most bitter disappointment in the same place at the same time was just stunning and beautiful and amazing. It made me love the world and mankind. Thank you, World Cup. Also, I might still be the teensiest bit tipsy.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. LOVE the World Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a game yesterday! we were rooting for spain, but definately felt a bit sad for the dutch. the world cup is amazing, i agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm glad you enjoy the Cup... It's a serious sports - I know many people here don't get it, but it's the greatest sport. I'm a huge football fan and I can't wait for the next World Cup.

    ReplyDelete

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.