Monday, November 23, 2009

O, glorious junk.

Piles and bins and stacks and boxes of glorious junk they have at the East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse. It is sublime....

Old slides! Who wouldn't want them? Certainly I bought some - do you even have to ask?

Silk. Silk! For $5 a pound! There's something about buying something by the pound that isn't a melon that makes me think: Bargain! even when it's totally not.

Old textbooks that smell like old textbooks and have the library cards still in them. Wow, I love random garbage/treasure! Nirvana. I'm helpless. There's something wrong with me.
And watching my offspring dig thru a heap of whatever and emerge triumphant, holding aloft a strip of blue mylar or a floppy disc and yelling: Mama, you gotta See this.... well, I'm jubilant (of course) and worried. There may be something wrong with them as well.

1 comment:

  1. I was googling "creative old slides" to see what people have done with them and came across your blog. I actually bought a lot of slides from the East Bay Depot for Creative reuse today(hence the googling)! Small world. I love that place!

    ReplyDelete

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.