Saturday, April 18, 2009

Going green gracefully.

We can't all be No Impact Man. Get a load of that guy here. For one year, he and his wife, their 2-year-old daughter, and their dog - in the middle of New York City - attempted to live without making any net impact on the environment. In other words, no trash, no carbon emissions, no toxins in the water, no elevators, no subway, no products in packaging, no plastics, no air conditioning, no TV, no toilets…
But, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about going green gracefully. Making the easy changes first. Actually remembering to bring my travel mug to Peet's. Small steps in a positive direction. I'll keep you posted. And maybe one day I'll be brewing my own bio-diesel in the garage.
If you want a good laugh, read the comments at No Impact Man. It's truly amazing to me how violently defensive people get about the lifestyle choices of a complete stranger. Because it affects them, how?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.