Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Shove (after).




Isn't that so much better? Aren't you dying to know how I did it? I knew you would be....
The paint is Paris Grey from Chalk. A million good things have been said about Chalk Paint, and I found them to be 100% true. For a project like this, totally worth the higher price.
I used a regular Minwax wax finish that I got at Lowe's. It looks great and I enjoyed the elbow-grease wax-on wax-off aspect of it, but next time I would spring for the Chalk wax and use a brush instead of a rag. The fabric is from Moda and I used this technique to hang it.
I'm so in love with it right now. I might love it enough not to fill it up with crap.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect transformation, I really like the paint finish!

    ReplyDelete

Do babble on in the most animated language you can muster. I love hearing from you.